Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Reclining Buddha

The Reclining Buddha - Straight On - Vietnamese Buddhist center Sugar Land Texas
I was on my way to my new/old job when I saw a massive statue rising up over the trees to the left and thought that I absolutely must check that out after work. And I did despite being utterly exhausted from getting back on a regular schedule. It is the Vietnamese Buddhist Center of Sugar Land, Texas, fascinating place. The picture seen here is not of that statue but a statue of the reclining Buddha. I did a bit of searching trying to figure out why he is reclining to no avail. I did learn that THE temple of the reclining Buddha, the "Wat Pho" in Bangkok, Thailand is the birthplace of traditional Thai Massage...


Vietnamese Buddhist Center of Sugar Land, Texas:

Wat Pho - Wiki:

No comments:

Post a Comment