Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TEXAS CHAIN-SAW MASSACRE

Ground Saw Trencher Texas Chain-Saw Massacre
Caught a couple of construction implements unattended down the road from our apartment the other day and I just had to stop and snap a few. (I think that's a run on sentence but I was never good in English) This is one is one of my more recent photos, it was taken with two sets of bracketed shots at 1 EV spacing. I used 5 of the photos at -2, -1, 0, +1, and +2 to create the image you see before you. Had some major halo issues in the sky and the tree branches, solved 'em with the handy dandy selection tool in Photomatix Pro by replacing any sky with a photo of appropriate EV levels to match the surrounding scene. I was inspired by a pic I saw on Trey Ratliff's site (which also happened to be shot in Austin, Texas) of a large construction implement of some kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment